DEPARTMENT OF BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING – Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
Biomedical engineering aims to improve human health by applying engineering principles. Through a strong course the students are introduced not only to these disciplines but also to laboratory research and instrumentation, the design process, teamwork, technical communication, entrepreneurship, and legal and regulatory issues. It is important for students to have an access to interconnected engineering, medical, and business resources.
To be recognised as a centre of excellence in the field of Biomedical engineering where learners are nurtured in a scholarly environment to evolve into competent professionals to benefit society.
- Evolve a curriculum which emphasizes on strong engineering fundamentals with the flexibility to choose advanced courses of interest and gain exposure to tools and techniques in Biomedical engineering.
- Encourage a teaching-learning process in which highly competent faculty share a symbiotic association with the institutes of repute.
- Facilitate creation and dissemination of knowledge through a digitally enabled learning environment.
- Develop academic and infrastructural facilities with modern equipment and other learning resources and encourage reciprocal sharing with other institutes through networking.
- Establish a center of excellence to enhance academia – industry partnership and work on collaborative projects.
Current intake of the department
Under Graduate – 60