Hobby Clubs Committee
|Prof. Kavita Pai Fondekar|
Dr. Poonam Bhatia,
Every person has a hobby that he/she would love to showcase to the world. But unfortunately most of the times these hobbies are overshadowed by the constant pressure of studies and other extra curricular activities that one is forced to do in his/her daily life. VIT has founded the Hobby Club Committee with a view of helping the students develop their hobbies. It helps in unleashing their hidden talents, which have been dormant for so many years and only needed an impetus for it to surface.
Engaging in a hobby leads to acquiring substantial skills, knowledge and experience. The objective of the Hobby Clubs is to inspire students to pursue a hobby and explore their potential in areas like music, photography, painting, gardening, star gazing, web designing, trekking etc. The committee shall work towards encouraging student participation in recreational activities, thus providing an opportunity for networking, team-building and personality development.
The following are the scopes that the committee aims to acomplish in every academic year:
- Initiate Hobby clubs and activities such as Music, Dance, Reading, Dramatics
- Arranging exhibitions for displaying creativity in Painting, Photography etc.
- Conducting competitions at intra and inter-college levels
- Inviting experts to guide students in pursuing hobbies
- Arranging outdoor activities like Gardening, Trekking, Amateur astronomy
- Conducting workshops or training sessions in fields like Animation, Web Designing, Ethical Hacking and Innovation Lab etc.