DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
As technology develops in leaps and bounds the opportunities for expanding the field of Computing grow even more rapidly. The Computer Engineering Course gives a sound grounding in computing and an understanding of the underlying engineering principles. The focus is on the computer system designed as an element within a computer network, as well as Networking Technology. Vidyalankar Institute of Technology Computer Engineering department offers a two year postgraduate in Computer Engineering affiliated to University of Mumbai.The department also offers doctoral programme in Computer Engineering leading to PhD(Tech) degree.
To be recognized as a Center of Excellence in the field of Computer Engineering where learners are nurtured in a scholarly environment to evolve into competent Computer Engineering professionals to benefit society.
- Evolve a curriculum which emphasizes on strong engineering fundamentals with the flexibility to choose advanced courses of interest and gain exposure to tools and techniques in Computer engineering.
- Encourage a teaching-learning process in which highly competent faculty share a symbiotic association with the institutes of repute.
- Facilitate creation and dissemination of knowledge through a digitally-enabled learning environment.
- Develop academic and infrastructural facilities with modern equipment and other learning resources and encourage reciprocal sharing with other institutes through networking.
- Establish a Center of Excellence to enhance academia – industry partnership and work on collaborative projects.
- To enable the pursuit of knowledge in the field of Computer Engineering and
contribute to the profession and employability of the students.
- To engage in research, generate the employment through entrepreneurship and work
effectively in multidisciplinary environment.
- To understand the human, social, ethical and environmental context of their
profession and contribute positively to the needs of individuals and society at large.
- Computer Engineering Programme must demonstrate that graduate understands
basic sciences and core computing courses to solve the complex computer
engineering problems towards the design and development of hardware/software
systems by using programming languages, discrete mathematics, algorithm analysis,
data base systems, computer networks, microprocessors, and software engineering
- Computer Engineering Programme must demonstrate that graduate can investigate,
analyze, interpret the requirements and use appropriate hardware/software tools for
designing the system by giving consideration to professional ethics, environmental,
health, safety, cultural and societal issues for sustainable development.
- Computer engineering Programme must demonstrate that graduate can have
adaptability to new technologies in multidisciplinary fields and communicate
effectively as an individual or in a team while managing the projects.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals
for the solution of Computer engineering problems.
- Ability to identify, formulate, research literature and analyse complex Computer
engineering problems to satisfy customer requirements.
- Ability to design software system modules, components, processes, enterprise
network according to the specifications by considering security, social, environmental
and other constraints.
- Ability to conduct investigations of a computing problem, to analyse and interpret
the data, to synthesize the information and provide valid conclusions.
- Ability to explore and use techniques, skills and modern software and hardware tools
necessary for Computer engineering practices.
- Ability to use knowledge and technology for addressing societal, health, safety, legal
and cultural issues.
- Ability to understand the impact of computing solutions in societal and
environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge to provide sustainable
solutions with environmental concern.
- Ability to understand and exhibit professional ethics and responsibilities by referring
to the literature about cyber-crimes and laws, copy rights, web publishing, plagiarism.
- Ability to lead and function as a member of multidisciplinary team for synergistic
- Ability to effectively communicate algorithms, methodologies, designs using verbal
and written skills.
- Ability to understand and apply the principles of project management, considering
the financial constraints.
- Ability to engage in lifelong learning and to gain knowledge of contemporary and
Under Graduate – 120
Under Graduate – Direct Second Year (Second Shift) – 60
Post Graduate – 18
Dr. Arun Chavan
Professor and Head of the Department
There are several ways to present the canonical core of computer science. Over the years we have developed a distinct style and method that bridges the theory – practice divide while remaining grounded in the core. Technology changes rapidly, especially in the field of computing, whereas the science, if it changes at all, does so much more gradually. Our understanding is that persons who are clear and thorough about the fundamentals can adapt to rapid changes in technology relatively easily. We want the education imparted to our students to be the basis of a life time of learning. Our aim is always preparing our students to meet increasing global challenges of ever evolving technologies so as to make the students acceptable to both industries and higher institution of learning. We believe that this approach to teaching-learning, coupled with practical experience gained during Industrial Training in reputed organizations, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the software industry.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is a fast growing discipline and is of rigorous practical analysis. The department has well equipped Laboratories and logical reasoning is stressed in all practical applications. With highly talented faculty, the department boasts of a unique mode of learning, one that uses advanced aids for teaching.
All the laboratories are provided with Internet facility through broadband connectivity. This facility caters to the computing, information processing and multimedia requirements of the students and faculty of the department. All the laboratories are air conditioned.
Operating System and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
This laboratory focuses on Operating System and Artificial Intelligence that deals with case studies of different Operating Systems.
It provides a set of functions needed and used by most application programs on a computer, and the links needed to control and synchronize computer hardware.
Computers and software such as PROLOG, LISP, C, C++ and Java
Computer Graphics and Database System Laboratory
This laboratory focuses Computer Graphics and Database System which performs various image processing operations.
This lab help to create movies and pictures usually referring to image
data created by a computer specifically with help from specialized graphic hardware and software
Computers and software such as C, C++, Oracle, MySQL
Data Structure and Software Engineering Laboratory
This laboratory focuses on Data Structure and Software Engineering which deals with designing of systems using various process models.
It helps to study and an application of engineering
to the design
, and maintenance
Computers and C, C++, Java, Rational Rose, Microsoft Project 2000, UMBRELLO
Advanced Database and Networking Laboratory
This laboratory focuses on Advanced Database and Networking performs various simulation based experiments related to networking.
Laboratory has User Manual for Advanced Database and Networking.
Computers and Oracle, MySQL, NS2
Computer Programming and Project Laboratory
This laboratory focuses on Computer Programming and Project laboratory which is used to develop small prototypes of software systems.
It is been utilized as Project where all students can used it for working of their project.
Computers and C, C++, Java, Oracle, MySQL, Rational Rose, UMBRELLO
CSI celebrated 49th Annual Convention and International Conference - 2014 at JNTU, Hyderabad. Our Institute received Award for “Best Accredited Student Branch Award” for 2013-14 ,2014-15,2015-16,2017-18
- Guest lecture on “Vlan Intro and Configurations Application Protocols” by Mr. Vidyagar Pandit was conducted.
- Guest lecture on “Basics in Data Structures and Real Life Applications of Data Structures” by Mr. Saurabh Kalyankar was conducted for the students.
- Guest session on “DSP and its future scope” by Dr. M.D. Patil was conducted for the students.
- Guest lecture on “Tools and Practices in Embedded Systems and Applications” by Mr. Kiran Nevaskar, Software Engineer Greenvity Communications Pune was engaged for the students.
- Guest session on “Importance of java in Industry Application” by Mr. Nitin Chavan was carried out for the computer students.
- Talk on “System Modeling” by Mr. Harendra Jat, Team leader, Tata Consultancy Services was engaged for the students.
- Talk on “Data Structures and its Applications” by Mr. Mehul Porwal was conducted for the students.
- Session on “Modern Digital Logic Designing Techniques” by Mr. Shirishkumar Joshi, Owner of the company - Applied Digital Microsystem Pvt Ltd was conducted for the students.