DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING - Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
Electronics engineering is a discipline that make engineers design and test circuits that use the electromagnetic properties of electrical components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, and transistors to achieve a particular functionality.
In designing an integrated circuit, electronics engineers first construct circuit schematics that specify the electrical components and describe the interconnections between them. When completed, VLSI engineers convert the schematics into actual layouts, which map the layers of various conductor and semiconductor materials needed to construct the circuit.
To be recognised as a centre of excellence in the field of Electronics engineering where learners are nurtured in a scholarly environment to evolve into competent professionals to benefit society
- Evolve a curriculum which emphasises on strong engineering fundamentals with the flexibility to choose advanced courses of interest and gain exposure to tools and techniques in Electronics engineering.
- Encourage a teaching-learning process in which highly competent faculty share a symbiotic association with the institutes of repute.
- Facilitate creation and dissemination of Electronics Engineering knowledge through a digitally-enabled learning environment.
- Develop academic and infrastructural facilities with modern equipment and other learning resources and encourage reciprocal sharing with other institutes through networking.
- Establish a centre of Excellence to enhance academia – industry partnership and work on collaborative project.
Current intake of the department
Under Graduate – 120
Under Graduate – Direct Second Year (Second Shift) – 60