DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
An undergraduate program in Information Technology was initiated in the year 1999 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students. Intake of 60 was added in 2013.In 2010, an intake of 60 students (direct second year) was sanctioned.
Graduates of the department have taken positions in Industry and academic institutions. We give exposure of current trends in IT to our students by inviting experts from industry. Beyond syllabus activities are conducted for the betterment of employment in academia, government, research, industry, engineering and management positions. Various technical and non-technical forums provide an exposure to engineering concepts and technology.
To be recognized as a center of excellence in the field of Information Technology where learners are nurtured in a scholarly environment to evolve into competent professionals to benefit society.
- Evolve a curriculum which emphasizes on strong engineering fundamentals with the flexibility to choose advanced courses of interest and gain exposure to tools and techniques in Information Technology.
- Encourage a teaching learning process in which highly competent faculty share a symbiotic association with the institutes of repute.
- Facilitate creation and dissemination of knowledge through a digitally enabled learning environment.
- Develop academic and infrastructural facilities with modern equipment and other learning resources and encourage reciprocal sharing with other institutes through networking.
- Establish a center of excellence to enhance academia – industry partnership and work on collaborative projects.
Current intake of the department
Under Graduate – 120
Under Graduate – Direct Second Year (Second Shift) – 60
Post Graduate – 18