Department students' Project group won first prize in Project Competition organised by Terna college of Engineering for the project titled "Voice recognition system" in March 2017.
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering published its first digital newsletter.
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering has successfully organized a series of workshops like ICT, MATLAB and Simulation and Faculty Development Programs on Maplesoft for faculty members and students across Vidyalankar Institute of Technology. The response for all the workshops was extremely good.
Guest Lecture on ‘Migration towards 4G and beyond’ was conducted for BE students by Prof. Ranjana Gite on 24th August 2016. The activity was intended to highlight the current trends in mobile communication and wireless technology and help students in understanding the telecommunication industry standards. The Guest Speaker for the event were Mr. Rajendra P. Gupta, Senior Manager, MTNL, Powai, Mumbai.
- Guest Lecture on ‘Recent Advances in Radio Transmitters’ was conducted for TE students by Prof. Beena Ballal. The guest speaker for the event were Mr. Ganesh Sahu, Assistant Engineer, AIR Mumbai on 27th July 2016.The activity was intended to give students an insight about the details regarding recent advancements in radio frequency domain and designing of RF transmitters and recent advancements in radio transmitters .
- You Tube channel internships in progress. You Tube videos of EXTC students demonstrating live experiments related to academic subjects can be viewed on the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIped9GNfKw
- Started scientist’s gallery to inspire students.
- The department conducted workshops on hardware and software for the students. A panel discussion was conducted on industry academia- collaboration too.
- Industrial visits were arranged for students as well as faculty members.
- Talk on new technology-Gadget Guru Seminar which highlighted the application of Quantum computers and also the Sony headed mounted display was piloted for the students.
- An MOU with industry such as Tejas Network and Eduvance Technologies Pvt Ltd was signed by the institute which was initiated by the department.