Ragging is a punishable offense by law. It is viewed very seriously and the Supreme Court has issued strict orders to curb the menace of ragging in educational institutes. Detailed orders can be read on www.old.aicte-india.org/anti.php. VIT has zero tolerance towards ragging. The institute has never experienced or reported a single case of ragging till date. Newly admitted students are assured of the safe and student-friendly environment prevalent on the campus during their induction program.The Institute has set up an Anti-Ragging Committee under the leadership of the Head of the Institute to ensure that measures for prevention of ragging and monitoring mechanisms are in place. There are also provisions for actions to be taken against students for indulging in and abetting ragging.
The Committee comprises:
- Representatives of civil and police administration
- NGOs involved in youth activities
- Representatives of faculty members
- Representatives of parents
- Representatives of students belonging to the fresher’s category as well as senior students
- Representative of administrative staff