DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
Master in Management Studies department at Vidyalankar Institute of Technology offers a two year postgraduate program in Management Studies affiliated to University of Mumbai. It is a two year postgraduate degree course. Functional groups are Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations and Systems.
To be a globally recognized management institute where learners contribute to business and society through a scholarly environment of empathy, veracity and excellence.
- Evolve a curriculum which emphasizes on strong management fundamentals with the flexibility to choose advance specialization courses and gain holistic exposure.
- Encourage a culture of academic excellence through the development of learners through teaching, and quality research.
- Establish academia-industry interface with modern learning resources and develop a reciprocal relationship with practicing organizations.
- Develop students as ethical business professionals with core values of compassion, societal wellness, integrity and teamwork.
- To thrive in complex reality and to acquire a systemic understanding of what organizations are, how they work and how they can interact effectively with their commercial, social and cultural environment.
- To nurture and develop higher consciousness, cognitive flexibility by developing a strong base to build professional career and to channel that knowledge into a targeted career direction.
- To Change mindset of the Learner and to develop well trained leaders and managers who are responsible citizens.
- To instill new and contemporary curriculum by offering additional course/elective for greater employability of the students.
- To make the large number of students specialize in the existing domains and other attractive new domains like education management, corporate law and consultancy streams.
- To inculcate multitasking abilities amongst students, learning foreign languages and advanced IT knowledge so that they can perform better in the chosen field nationally and internationally
- PO1: Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems with appropriate attention to environment and society
- PO2: Foster Analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making
- PO3: Ability to develop Value based Leadership
- PO4: Ability to understand, analyse and communicate global, economic, legal, and ethical aspects of business
- PO5: Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals, contributing effectively to a team environment
Post Graduate – 120
Dr. Amit Oak
Head of the Department and Chief Operating Officer
The MMS Department at VIT is focused on enabling excellence in the business classroom through student-centred learning, and relevant content that includes the academic and the corporate perspectives. We recognise that effective instructors don’t simply teach; they open minds and expand the decision-making capabilities of students by sparking debate and discussion in the classroom. The department assists in producing content in the form of cases, simulations, and other technology-driven material. As such, we are reaching beyond the confines of the classroom to understand and measure the application of learning, and its impact on people and organisations. The MMS program offered, subjects the students to an overall transformation, training them to be better managers, and better human beings. The pedagogy lays emphasis on all-round personality development of students and also in inculcating the values of teamwork and integrity in them. I am sure this partnership between the industry and VIT – MMS Department will be further strengthened with every new batch of our Management graduates.
VIT School of Management(MMS) - Faculty Profile
|Dr. Amit Oak
||Professor and Head of the Department
||MBA- (Finance & Marketing)
||6 years, 12 National, 3 International papers, 2 books
|Mr. Arijit Ghosal
||BE (Electronics & Telecom)
||PGDIM (MBA equivalent) (Marketing)
||1 year, 1 Research paper in International Conference
|Mr. Jay Bhatt
||B.Sc ( Statistics)
||D.B.M M.B.A (Marketing)
||6 years, Published 6 papers in conferences and journals
|Ms. Manasi Phatak
|Ms. Smita Mukherjee
||MMS, M.Phil (TISS)
||3 years, Published papers in 5 International conferences
|Ms. Trupti Naik
||2 years, Published 1 paper in National Journal
|Ms. Varsha Maheshwari
||4 years, Published papers in 2 conferences & Journals
- Organised an event "HR Conclave
- Organised "E-Summit"
- Organised an event "Young India