- Current Intake
- Faculty Details
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
An undergraduate program in Information Technology was initiated in the year 1999 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students. Intake of 60 was added in 2013.In 2010, an intake of 60 students (direct second year) was sanctioned. Graduates of the department have taken positions in Industry and academic institutions. We give exposure of current trends in IT to our students by inviting experts from industry. Beyond syllabus activities are conducted for the betterment of employment in academia, government, research, industry, engineering and management positions. Various technical and non-technical forums provide an exposure to engineering concepts and technology.
The department has started department You tube channel.
Visit the channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj1w6oRGUU52JG8VHLaVcSA
To be recognized as a center of excellence in the field of Information Technology where learners are nurtured in a scholarly environment to evolve into competent professionals to benefit society.
- Evolve a curriculum which emphasizes on strong engineering fundamentals with the flexibility to choose advanced courses of interest and gain exposure to tools and techniques in Information Technology.
- Encourage a teaching learning process in which highly competent faculty share a symbiotic association with the institutes of repute.
- Facilitate creation and dissemination of knowledge through a digitally enabled learning environment.
- Develop academic and infrastructural facilities with modern equipment and other learning resources and encourage reciprocal sharing with other institutes through networking.
- Establish a center of excellence to enhance academia – industry partnership and work on collaborative projects.
- Graduates will possess the fundamental knowledge, theoretical background and technical skills to lead a successful career in diverse domains.
- Graduates will analyse real life problems and design technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable solutions.
- Graduates will exhibit professionalism, ethics, teamwork, social awareness and agility through life-long learning.
- Explain and apply appropriate information technologies and employ appropriate methodologies to help an individual or organization achieve its goals and objectives.
- Manage the information technology resources of an individual or organization
- Anticipate the changing direction of information technology and evaluate and communicate the likely utility of new technologies to an individual or organization
- Develop IT systems that would perform tasks related to E-governance and/or Health Care Management
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, Information technology principles and Standards.
- Ability to identify problem and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- Ability to develop a software system or components or process to meet desired needs using feedback and effective communication techniques.
- Ability to conduct investigation of complex problems in IT domain that cannot be solved by routine methods, knowledge and may not have unique solution.
- Ability to analyze user requirement by developing prototype or concept of proof using tools
- Ability to understand the impact of engineering solution on society and environment.
- Ability to effectively deploy IT based solutions into the user environment.
- Ability to understand professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues.
- Ability to effectively lead and function as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences using a range of modalities including written , oral and graphical.
- Ability to understand and apply the principles of management and finance in relation to IT engineering projects.
- Ability to adapt to emerging information technology for life-long learning.
Under Graduate – 120
Post Graduate – 18
Dr. Girish Bhole
Professor and Head of the Department
Information Technology is the most powerful need of every business today. I.T engineers facilitate many services in all process areas with innovative technologies. Our daily activities are the outcome of this automation and productive technology. The journey of I.T engineering is all about new opportunities and innovations.
Department of Information Technology - Faculty Profile
|Dr. Girish P. Bhole||Professor & Head of the Department||BE (Electrical)||ME (Electrical)||PhD (Electrical)||31||5||-|
|Prof. Varsha Bhosale||Associate Professor & Vice-Principal||BE (CMPN)||ME (INFT)||PhD (Geo Informatics) Pursuing||20||-||-|
|Prof. Ajitkumar Khachane||Associate Professor||BE (ETRX)||ME (ETRX) (Specialization in Computer Technology)||-||27||-||6|
|Dr. Deepali Vora||Professor||BE(Computer Science and Engineering)||ME (CMPN)||PhD(Computer Science and Engineering)||19.5||6m|
|Prof. Santosh Tamboli||Assistant Professor||BE (INFT)||ME (CMPN)||
PhD (Computer Engineering) Pursuing
|Prof. Vidya Chitre||Assistant Professor||BE (CMPN)||ME (CMPN)||
PhD (Information Technology) Pursuing
|Prof. Akshay Loke||Assistant Professor||BE (CMPN)||ME (CMPN)||-||11||-||-|
|Prof. Shashikant Mahajan||Assistant Professor||BE (CMPN)||ME (CMPN)||
PhD (Computer Engineering) Pursuing
|Prof. Ichhanshu Jaiswal||Assistant Professor||BE (INFT)||ME (INFT)||-||10||-||-|
|Prof. Rohit Barve||Assistant Professor||BE (INFT)||ME (INFT)||-||8||-|
|Prof. Harshali Rambade||Assistant Professor||BE (CMPN)||ME (INFT)||
PhD (Information Technology) Pursuing
|Prof. Indu Anoop||Assistant Professor||BTech (INFT)||ME (INFT)||-||4.1||1.5||-|
|Prof. Deepali Nayak||Assistant Professor||BE (INFT)||M.S(Information Technology and Management)||-||5||3.5||-|
|Prof. Ajay Dhruv||Assistant Professor||BE (CMPN)||ME (INFT)||PhD(Information Technology) Pursuing||6||-||-|
|Prof. Debarati Ghosal||Assistant Professor||BE (INFT)||ME (CMPN)||-||7.6||-||-|
|Prof. Deepali Shrikhande||Assistant Professor||BE (CMPN)||ME (INFT)||-||4.5||-||-|
|Prof. Kanchan Dhuri||Assistant Professor||BE (EXTC)||ME (EXTC)||-||5||-||-|
|Prof. Anuja Gote||Assistant Professor||BE (EXTC)||ME (EXTC)||-||3||1.5||-|
|Prof. Neha Kudu||Assistant Professor||BE (INFT)||ME (CMPN)||-||4||-||-|
|Prof. Vinita Bhandiwad||Assistant Professor||BE (EXTC)||ME (EXTC)||-||4.5||-||-|
|Prof. Arpita Raut||Assistant Professor||BE (CMPN)||ME (CMPN)||-||3||-||-|
|Prof. Swati Sharma||Assistant Professor||BE (IT)||ME (IT)||-||2||-||-|
|Prof. Shruti Agrawal||Assistant Professor||B.Tech (CSE)||ME (CS)||-||6||-||-|
|Prof. Anuradha Bhatia||Assistant Professor||BE (CSE)||ME (CS)||PhD (Computers) Pursuing||20||-||-|
|Prof. Yash Shah||Assistant Professor||BE (IT)||ME (CSE)||-||3||-||-|
The Department of Information Technology is a fast growing discipline and is of rigorous practical analysis. The department has well equipped Laboratories and logical reasoning is stressed in all practical applications. With highly talented faculty, the department boasts of a unique mode of learning, one that uses advanced aids for teaching. All the laboratories are provided with Internet facility through broadband connectivity. This facility caters to the computing, information processing and multimedia requirements of the students and faculty of the department. All the laboratories are air conditioned.
Operating System and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
This laboratory focuses on Operating System and Artificial Intelligence that deals with case studies of different Operating Systems.
It provides a set of functions needed and used by most application programs on a computer, and the links needed to control and synchronize computer hardware.
Computers and software such as PROLOG, LISP, C, C++ and Java
Computer Graphics and Database System Laboratory
This laboratory focuses Computer Graphics and Database System which performs various image processing operations.
This lab help to create movies and pictures usually referring to image data created by a computer specifically with help from specialized graphic hardware and software
Computers and software such as C, C++, Oracle, MySQL
Data Structure and Software Engineering Laboratory
This laboratory focuses on Data Structure and Software Engineering which deals with designing of systems using various process models.
Computers and C, C++, Java, Rational Rose, Microsoft Project 2000, UMBRELLO
Advanced Database and Networking Laboratory
This laboratory focuses on Advanced Database and Networking performs various simulation based experiments related to networking.
Laboratory has User Manual for Advanced Database and Networking.
Computers and Oracle, MySQL, NS2
Computer Programming and Project Laboratory
This laboratory focuses on Computer Programming and Project laboratory which is used to develop small prototypes of software systems.
It is been utilized as Project where all students can used it for working of their project.
Computers and C, C++, Java, Oracle, MySQL, Rational Rose, UMBRELLO
- Organised AICTE Sponsored and ISTE Approved Short Term Training Program on "Open Data Science with IOT"
- Organised ISTE Approved Short Term Training Program on High Performance Computing wih CUDA, OpenMP and MPI"
- Organised "Inspire to Empower", an event for celebrating Women's Day.
- Final Year Project Group won 2nd prize for their B.E Project titled "V- Monitoring System" at the 7th National Level Conference held at Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering, Koparkhairane, Navi Mumbai on 16th March 2019.
- Final Year Project Group won the first Prize at Hackathon Competition for building a prototype on "Cognitive Learning" organised by Vidyavardhini College of Engineering on 6th October 2018 and bagged the 1st Prize of 25,000 rs.